Nowhereman83

Around the world in 80 years (give or take).

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Mud Festival!!!




This last weekend I went to the much-anticipated Mud Festival in Boryeong, which is about 2.5 hours south of Seoul. Unfortunately, we couldn't get early train tickets, so we didn't get there until about 4pm. When we walked onto the beach, we saw a lot of mud-covered people, but to our surprise, THERE WAS NO MUD LEFT! Ok, not exactly NO mud, but pretty much- we were scraping it out of the bottom of buckets and off the street to put on ourselves. Despite that fact, we still had a pretty good time, although I didn't take many pictures because I had my camera stored in a safe, mud-free place most of the time. The two biggest redeeming factors were that it was a nice beach for swimming and that there was a bathhouse (i.e. jjimjilbang- motto: no clothes, just right) right there that only cost $3 to use- it included showers, baths, saunas, mud to cover yourself with (which was where I ended up finding the most mud to get on me), etc. So mud festival = definitely worth it, but get there early.

4 Comments:

At 8/18/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, I've always wanted to have a mad fight with you...

there's a decent chance that I might be going to DC at least once or twice a month for work...that equals possible frequent good times.

 
At 8/19/2006, Blogger Rose said...

hey. my name is rose, i think i met you once last year at a strange melting-genetalia bar (really!!). found your blog from ben baldwin's. i'm a fellow fulbrighter extending in seoul this year. don't know how much longer you're staying here, but if you're still around seoul and want to meet up, drop me a line!

 
At 8/20/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

talk to me.
post to me.
Skype to me.

 
At 8/22/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude.. thanks for posting this site on your xanga. You completely fell off the face of the xanga world and I was wondering how things were going for you. Anyhoo, glad to see that things are going well ^^ Im heading to Japan in 6 days (AAAAA!!) I love Los Angeles and I will miss this city. But thats ok. Japan is cool too. Anyhoo, have a good night!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home